20 Questions: A sketch of Centre professor of piano Elizabeth Wolfe
RELEASED: Sept. 14, 2006
DANVILLE, KY—1. Position/title: Visiting Professor of Piano.
2. Hometown: Eden, NC.
3. Career highlight: Playing concerts, either solo or collaborating with other musicians
4. Signature class: Applied piano.
5. Recent publication/exhibition/performance: Faculty recital, Fall, 2005; Faculty recital at Asbury College, Spring 2006.
6. Family details: Married to Richard Wolfe. Three children: Emily, Ian and Christian.
7. Hobbies: Reading, needlework and watching "Keeping Up Appearances."
8. Pets: 2 cats.
9. Prized possession: Piano and thousands of books.
10. Last book read:Middlemarch, by George Eliot .
11. Memorable trip/vacation: Macinac Island and Sleeping Bear Dunes Park in Michigan.
12. Favorite movie:Rear Window with James Stewart and Grace Kelly, and Singin' in the Rain with Gene Kelly. (And privately, I admit to loving Somewhere in Time with Christopher Reeve.)
13. Favorite album: Way too many from which to choose, but currently I've been absorbed in a recording of the Dvorak Piano Quintet, performed by Menachem Pressler and the Emerson String Quartet. This is an absolutely exquisite piece of music, and I highly recommend it!
14. Favorite food: Ice cream.
15. Favorite smell: Baked bread and roses.
16. Person you most admire: My husband. Sappy, but true.
17. Living figure you'd most like to meet: Brother Victor-Antoine, a monk who has written books on making monastery soups, as well as a devotional book.
18. Historical figure you'd most like to meet: William Shakespeare, C. S. Lewis and Artur Rubinstein.
19. What would you be doing if you weren't teaching at Centre: Playing the piano endlessly, reading endlessly and placing orders on Amazon.com!
20. Describe yourself in three words: Dreamy, drifty, drippy.
- end -
Founded in 1819, Centre College is ranked among the U.S. News top 50 national liberal arts colleges. Centre alumni, known for their nation-leading loyalty in annual financial support, include two U.S. vice presidents and two Supreme Court justices. For more, visit http://archive.centre.edu/web/elevatorspeech/
For news archives go to http://archive.centre.edu/web/news/newsarchive.html.
600 W. Walnut Street
Danville, KY 40422
Public Information Coordinator: Telephone 859-238-5714