20 Questions: A sketch of Centre sociology professor Beau Weston
RELEASED: Jan. 25, 2006
|Beau Weston in a familiar settingmocha at his side and hard at work on his Gruntled Center blog in the Hub Coffee House.
DANVILLE, KY1. Position/title: NEH Associate Professor of Sociology
2. Hometown: Plymouth Meeting, PA
3. Career highlight: Tri-Delta Professor of the Year, 2001
4. Signature class: "Introduction to Family Life"
5. Recent publication/exhibition/performance: Leading from the Center: Strengthening the Pillars of the Church (2003; Geneva Press)
6. Family details: Married to Susan since 1982, proud parents of Molly, Nora and Joe.
7. Hobbies: My labor is not alienated—my work is my pleasure.
8. Pets: Cat Mikey
9. Prized possession: Wedding certificate lettered by my father
10. Last book read: Raising Boys Without Men
11. Memorable trip/vacation: All around Scotland by train with my daughter, Nora.
12. Favorite movie: Casablanca
13. Favorite album: Born to Run
14, Favorite food: Mocha
15. Favorite smell: Leather
16. Person you most admire: Lincoln
17. Living figure you'd most like to meet: Nelson Mandela
18. Historical figure you'd most like to meet: Augustine
19. What would you be doing if you weren't teaching at Centre: Running a small liberal arts college
20. Describe yourself in three words: Soul of a bishop
- end -
Founded in 1819, Centre College is ranked among the U.S. News top 50 national liberal arts colleges. Centre alumni, known for their nation-leading loyalty in annual financial support, include two U.S. vice presidents and two Supreme Court justices. For more, visit http://archive.centre.edu/web/elevatorspeech/
For news archives go to http://archive.centre.edu/web/news/newsarchive.html.
600 W. Walnut Street
Danville, KY 40422
Public Information Coordinator: Telephone 859-238-5714
Back to News and Events Home Page