1. Position/title: Associate Director of Admission.
2. Hometown: Chattanooga, Tenn.
3. Career highlight: receiving an Honor Walk token from Cara Quilligan '05.
4. What brought you to Centre? My husband, Bill, was hired as a math professor in 1988.
5. Favorite/amusing/profound student anecdote? Recently an admission colleague lost her father, and three of our student workers (Whitney Henderson, Kyle Longton, and Barrett Green) came to the visitation. I thought that truly went above and beyond the normal student-staff interaction.
6. Family details: Daughter Katie, 13.
7. Hobbies: Reading, baseball, crossword puzzles, old movies, travel.
8. Pets: Roxy, the black lab, and Tiger, the cat.
9. Prized possession: My collection of P.G. Wodehouse books.
10. Last book read:Snobs by Julian Fellowes, the screenwriter of Gosford Park (see below)—I also love the work of Michael Malone.
11. Memorable trip/vacation: Italy in the summer of '04—got to stay in a villa in the mountains and then in a Lithuanian convent in Rome.
12. Favorite movie:Notorious, Some Like It Hot, Casablanca, Ben-Hur, Emma, Gosford Park.
13. Favorite album:Joe Cool’s Blues (Wynton and Ellis Marsalis playing Charlie Brown music). The soundtrack to Good Night and Good Luck with Dianne Reeves.
14. Favorite food: Chocolate, fried okra (but not together).
15. Favorite smell: Two flowers—irises and peonies.
16. Person you most admire: John and Maryanne Ward.
17. Living figure you'd most like to meet: Hugh Laurie, the actor, and Skip Caray, Atlanta Braves announcer.
18. Historical figure you'd most like to meet: Jane Austen.
19. What would you be doing if you weren't working at Centre: Hopefully sitting at home watching old movies and eating bon bons.
20. Describe yourself in three words: Dependable, creative, quiet.
- end -
Founded in 1819, Centre College is ranked among the U.S. News top 50 national liberal arts colleges. Centre alumni, known for their nation-leading loyalty in annual financial support, include two U.S. vice presidents and two Supreme Court justices. For more, visit http://archive.centre.edu/web/elevatorspeech/
For news archives go to http://archive.centre.edu/web/news/newsarchive.html.
600 W. Walnut Street
Danville, KY 40422
Public Information Coordinator: Telephone 859-238-5714