20 Questions: A sketch of Centre education professor Donna Plummer
RELEASED: April 13, 2006
|Donna Plummer: "Even at the age of two, I loved books" (left); enjoying the Kentucky Dinner Train in Bardstown with husband Mike.
1. Position/title: Associate Professor of Education
2. Hometown: Fort Worth, Tex.
3. Career highlight: Receiving the Kirk Award for Excellence in Teaching at Centre College.
4. Signature class: EDU 228 Educational Psychology.
5. Recent publication/exhibition/performance: Rocks in Our Pockets in the October issue of Science Scope, the middle-school-level journal of the National Science Teachers Association.
6. Family details: Husband, Mike Gragg, a geologist, and stepson Charlie, 22 years old.
7. Hobbies: Reading and travel.
8. Pets: Only a wild rabbit who likes to munch on Mike's blueberry bushes.
9. Prized possession: Potholders, a turtle and a fish, crocheted by my maternal grandmother; also a pair of garnet earrings, a 50th birthday present from my husband.
10. Last book read: Tyrannosaur Canyon by Douglas Preston
11. Memorable trip/vacation: Great Britain, summer 1996, a graduation gift from my parents.
12. Favorite movie: Legends of the Fall .
13. Favorite album: I couldn't choose just one Barbra Streisand album.
14. Favorite food: Dark chocolate, especially dark chocolate covered caramels.
15. Favorite smell: Vanilla and/or cinnamon.
16. Person you most admire: My parents who continue to model lifelong learning and to do "good deeds."
17. Living figure you'd most like to meet: Howard Gardner who developed the Theory of Multiple Intelligence.
18. Historical figure you'd most like to meet: Queen Elizabeth I or Cleopatra (strong women in the world of men).
19. What would you be doing if you weren't teaching at Centre: Corporate training or maybe still teaching middle school earth science.
20. Describe yourself in three words: Passionate, dedicated, mentor.
- end -
Founded in 1819, Centre College is ranked among the U.S. News top 50 national liberal arts colleges. Centre alumni, known for their nation-leading loyalty in annual financial support, include two U.S. vice presidents and two Supreme Court justices. For more, visit http://archive.centre.edu/web/elevatorspeech/
For news archives go to http://archive.centre.edu/web/news/newsarchive.html.
600 W. Walnut Street
Danville, KY 40422
Public Information Coordinator: Telephone 859-238-5714
Back to News and Events Home Page