20 Questions: A sketch of Centre music professor Nathan Link
RELEASED: Dec. 7, 2006
DANVILLE, KY—1. Position/title: Assistant Professor of Music.
2. Hometown: Leavenworth, Wash.
3. Career highlight: Finishing my doctorate and getting a job.
4. Signature class: Music and Romanticism: Mozart to Mahler, Wackenroder to Hoffmann, Schopenhauer to Nietzsche.
5. Recent publication/exhibition/performance: Centre World Pop Ensemble fall concert.
6. Family details: I'm blessed with a wife of six years, Catherine; two children, Benjamin and Matthew (ages 5 and 3); and a teenage stepson, Sebastien.
7. Hobbies: Metaphysics, travel, funny things, eating, basketball and music.
8. Pets: Hopefully soon (I love dogs and cats).
9. Prized possession: 1940s Martin O-18 guitar.
10. Last book read: Dr. Seuss' McElligot's Pool.
11. Memorable trip/vacation: Walking through Ireland with my best friend. We walked 30 miles a day, across hills, cliffs, pastures and seashores, meeting farmers, livestock, fishermen, dolphins. Listened to live, traditional music at pubs and drank Guinness at night.
12. Favorite movie: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
13. Favorite album: Sting's The Soul Cages.
14. Favorite food: I can't decide between pork tacos (al pastor) or strawberry milkshakes.
15. Favorite smell: Hazardous waste.
16. Person you most admire: Mahatma Ghandi.
17. Living figure you'd most like to meet: Dalai Lama.
18. Historical figure you'd most like to meet: Plotinus.
19. What would you be doing if you weren't teaching at Centre: Probably a steeplejack, cobbler or shepherd.20. Describe yourself in three words: A little portly.
- end -
Founded in 1819, Centre College is ranked among the U.S. News top 50 national liberal arts colleges. Centre alumni, known for their nation-leading loyalty in annual financial support, include two U.S. vice presidents and two Supreme Court justices. For more, visit http://archive.centre.edu/web/elevatorspeech/
For news archives go to http://archive.centre.edu/web/news/newsarchive.html.
600 W. Walnut Street
Danville, KY 40422
Public Information Coordinator: Telephone 859-238-5714