20 Questions: A sketch of Centre religion professor David Hall
RELEASED: April 27, 2006
|David, Lillian Simone and Sarah Scott Hall
1. Position/title:Assistant Professor of Religion and Philosophy.
2. Hometown: Born: Bellingham, WA; grew up: Sacramento, CA; claim: Chicago, IL.
3. Career highlight: Organizing a conference to honor Paul Ricoeur and the University of Chicago in 1999.
4. Signature class: Basketball as Religion.
5. Recent publication/exhibition/performance: "Does Creation Equal Nature? Confronting the Christian Confusion about Ecology and Cosmology." The Journal of the American Academy of Religion, vol. 73, no. 3 (September, 2005).
6. Family details: Wife: Sarah Scott Hall; daughter: Lillian Simone Hall.
7. Hobbies: Cooking.
8. Pets: 2 cats.
9. Prized possession: Don't have any.
10. Last book read: Dale B. Martin, The Corinthian Body (Yale, 1995).
11. Memorable trip/vacation: North Carolina Outer Banks (We spend a week there every summer).
12. Favorite movie:Cinema Paradiso
13. Favorite album: R.E.M., Murmur or Charlie Mingus, Mingus Ah Um, it's a tie.
14. Favorite food: Asparagus.
15. Favorite smell: Fresh coffee first thing in the morning.
16. Person you most admire: My father.
17. Living figure you'd most like to meet: Jon Stewart.
18. Historical figure you'd most like to meet: Friedrich Neitzsche or Ralph Ellison, it's a tie.
19. What would you be doing if you weren't teaching at Centre: Cooking.
20. Describe yourself in three words: Ironic, left-of-center, intellectually omnivorous.
- end -
Founded in 1819, Centre College is ranked among the U.S. News top 50 national liberal arts colleges. Centre alumni, known for their nation-leading loyalty in annual financial support, include two U.S. vice presidents and two Supreme Court justices. For more, visit http://archive.centre.edu/web/elevatorspeech/
For news archives go to http://archive.centre.edu/web/news/newsarchive.html.
600 W. Walnut Street
Danville, KY 40422
Public Information Coordinator: Telephone 859-238-5714
Back to News and Events Home Page