20 Questions: A sketch of Centre Associate Director of Admission Pam Baughman
RELEASED: Nov. 16, 2006
DANVILLE, KY—1. Position/title: Associate Director of Admission.
2. Hometown: Fort Mitchell, Ky.
3. Career highlight: Each year is a career highlight. Seeing the new first-year students each fall is a tremendous reward!
4. What brought you to Centre as a student? I learned about Centre through my older sister and soon found that Centre was a great fit for me.
5. Favorite/amusing/profound student anecdote? I used to be responsible for recruiting, training and organizing our tour guides. Many of them had amusing and interesting experiences out on campus!
6. Family details: I've been married to my husband Bob for almost 10 years. We have two children, whom we greatly enjoy. Jackson is eight and Carter is five.
7. Hobbies: Supporting the involvements and activities of my children, sports, community events and reading.
8. Pets: One spoiled rotten dog, Hershey.
9. Prized possession: Family photos.
10. Last book read:The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver.
11. Memorable trip/vacation: My husband and I took our kids to Disney World, which is truly a magical place!
12. Favorite movie:Shrek (remember, I have two young children and haven't seen an adult movie for a LONG time!)
13. Favorite album: James Taylor’s Greatest Hits.
14. Favorite food: Italian food.
15. Favorite smell: I love the aroma of gardenias.
16. Person you most admire: My parents and father-in-law.
17. Living figure you'd most like to meet: Charles Barkley.
18. Historical figure you'd most like to meet: John F. Kennedy.
19. What would you be doing if you weren't working at Centre: I'm drawn to the field of education, so guidance counseling or teaching.
20. Describe yourself in three words: Organized to a fault, loyal and nurturing.
- end -
Founded in 1819, Centre College is ranked among the U.S. News top 50 national liberal arts colleges. Centre alumni, known for their nation-leading loyalty in annual financial support, include two U.S. vice presidents and two Supreme Court justices. For more, visit http://archive.centre.edu/web/elevatorspeech/
For news archives go to http://archive.centre.edu/web/news/newsarchive.html.
600 W. Walnut Street
Danville, KY 40422
Public Information Coordinator: Telephone 859-238-5714