20 Questions: A sketch of Centre dean of the College John Ward
RELEASED: Dec. 29, 2005
DANVILLE, KY1. Position/title: Dean of the College/Vice President for Academic Affairs/Professor of English!
2. Hometown: Danville for another several months
3. Career highlight: Starting the Lessons and Carols service with a solo first verse of "once in Royal David's City..."
4. Signature class: The History of the British Novel, a year-long course with a reading list of 19 novels
5. Recent publication/exhibition/performance: Two tenor solos from Handel's Messiah at Advent Evensong service
6. Family details: Still happily married; we have met for lunch for the best part of 40 years of teaching/working at the same college together.
7. Hobbies: Boating on the Kennebec
8. Pets: Slipper the cat, a feisty leaper. 9. Prized possession: Reasonably good health
10. Last book read:Learning to Bow by Feiler
11. Memorable trip/vacation: A week in Kenwood (California wine country) with the whole family
12. Favorite movie: Moonstruck
13. Favorite album: Norwegian Wood
14. Favorite food: Memphis ribs
15. Favorite smell: Lavender
16. Person you most admire: Jimmy Carter
17. Living figure you'd most like to meet: Jimmy Carter
18. Historical figure you'd most like to meet: Sam Johnson
19. What would you be doing if you weren't teaching at Centre: Learning to be a carpenter
20. Describe yourself in three words: Good family man
- end -
Founded in 1819, Centre College is ranked among the U.S. News top 50 national liberal arts colleges. Centre alumni, known for their nation-leading loyalty in annual financial support, include two U.S. vice presidents and two Supreme Court justices. For more, visit http://archive.centre.edu/web/elevatorspeech/
For news archives go to http://archive.centre.edu/web/news/newsarchive.html.
600 W. Walnut Street
Danville, KY 40422
Public Information Coordinator: Telephone 859-238-5714